2021 Scholarship Prizes
Date and Location To-Be-Confirmed
Please see 2021 Scholarship Application for requirements.
|Jean Malyon Award for Grade 4||$300|
|Susana Remenyi Memorial Award for Exceptional Talent on Lever Harp||$250|
|Judy Loman Award for Exceptional Talent
in Performance/Composition on Pedal Harp
and by donations frpm Robert Judge, Judy Loman and Maureen Pecknold
Memorization of repertoire is highly advised and will influence marks awarded. Any questions or concerns regarding music should be directed to the scholarship committee. Candidates must provide music for the jury.
Also please note:
- In order to receive a scholarship in any category, the top score must be the equivalent of an A grade.
- In the case of a winning tie, the scholarship will be split.
- The judges will consider whether the contestant's age is reasonably appropriate for each category when making their decision as to the winner.
- Scholarship cheques will be made out to the winning candidate.
Requirements for Participation:
- Applicant is to fill out the application form with full name, address, age, and telephone number
- Applicant is to attach 2 letters of reference, one from their present harp teacher who confirms the student is ready for the audition and the other from a musically knowledgeable person other than family.
- The scholarship adjudication is open to residents of Ontario. Foreign students enrolled at U of T, the Royal Conservatory or similar educational institutions in Ontario are eligible to enter.
- Teachers of applicants must be members of the Ontario Chapter of the American Harp Society which is stated in their letter of reference.
- Applicants shall attach a $20.00 processing fee. Please make the cheque payable to Ontario Chapter of American Harp Society.